These vegan blueberry pancake oatmeal bars are the perfect recipe to make on a Sunday and have as a delicious and easy grab-and-go breakfast throughout the week. They contain a healthy dose of whole grains and an added antioxidant boost from the blueberries. They are perfect to eat cold, topped with yogurt, or drizzled with a bit of maple syrup for a sweet treat.
After the holidays, life becomes busy. School starts up again and it’s time to get back into the routine of work after a nice holiday break. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day but who wants to get up earlier than necessary to cook a fancy breakfast? That’s where these oatmeal bars come in. This week I made these at the request of my husband as a healthy oatmeal alternative that can be eaten in the car with just one hand.
- 2 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup fresh Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- Combine the old fashioned oats, almond flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- In the same bowl, add in the almond milk, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Stir well. The mixture will be a little dry.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let the bars set before cutting into squares. Enjoy with vanilla yogurt, extra milk, or by themselves!