We all know what January means. Everyone is trying to be just a bit healthier for the new year. It happens every year but never seems to last. This baked oatmeal recipe contains no added sugar and will keep you full until lunch with the fiber from the oats and the healthy fat from the almond butter. It is so delicious and will help show you that your New Years resolutions can last with delicious recipes like this! I like to make it on Sunday and heat up a portion in the morning for a quick an easy breakfast throughout the week.
- 2 super ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Optional toppings: an extra banana, a drizzle of nut butter, a drizzle of pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8×8 dish or a pie dish.
- Mash the bananas well then add in the applesauce, almond milk, creamy almond butter (it helps if you melt it a little before), and vanilla. Mix until the almond butter is combined with the other ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, and cinnamon. Combine the wet and dry mixtures and pour into your dish.
- Top with sliced bananas or other fruit if you so desire. Cook for 22-25 minutes. Once the oatmeal is done, you can top with melted nut butter and maple syrup if you want more sweetness.