If you’ve never had crispy chickpeas, now is the time. This meal is perfect when you want a super healthy dinner but you don’t want to spend much time preparing it. The actual cook time is a little over an hour because you bake the sweet potato in the oven for about an hour but most of that time is hands off. You can throw the sweet potato in the oven then go watch Netflix for an hour. It’s amazing. This meal is also perfect for meal prep and is good to eat for lunch throughout the work week. The ingredients can be easily adjusted to make more or less meals, depending on the amount of people you are cooking for. I topped my bowl with Tessemaes dairy free avocado ranch (I am obsessed) but you are welcome to use any dressing that sounds good to you. Enjoy!
- Four sweet potatoes
- Two heads of broccoli
- Two 15oz cans of chickpeas, drained
- 16 oz Spring Lettuce mix
- 4 tsp olive oil, separated
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the sweet potatoes thoroughly and preheat the oven to 425 degrees. I like to wrap my sweet potatoes in aluminum foil when I bake them for easier clean up but you can also set the sweet potatoes directly on a cookie sheet or casserole dish and bake it that way.
- The amount of time the sweet potatoes take to cook depends on the size of it. It always takes at least an hour to bake the sweet potatoes and I like to wear an oven mitt and gently squeeze the sweet potatoes to test them every so often after an hour. If the sweet potatoes aren’t wrapped in aluminum foil, you can test them by sticking a fork in. When the sweet potatoes are squishy when you squeeze them and test them with a fork, they are done.
- In the meantime, take the chickpeas and toss them in a bowl with 2 tsps olive oil. Sprinkle on the chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and pepper and toss to cover the chickpeas. Spread out on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through.
- Chop up the broccoli and toss it in 2 tsps of olive oil and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Spread on another cookie sheet or casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- When everything is done, assemble your bowl by mashing up the sweet potato and topping the spring mix with the chickpeas, broccoli, sweet potato, and your desired dressing. Enjoy!