I know that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner but who needs a holiday to eat almond butter cups?! No one. But if you do need something easy and healthyish to make to celebrate Valentine’s Day, look no further. These cups are vegan friendly and made with just a few ingredients. The pink center is a simple raspberry chia seed jam that takes just a few minutes to whip up and gives an added benefit of omega-3 and fiber from the chia seeds.
My husband and I have been together for 8 years but this will be our first Valentine’s Day as a married couple. We have a tradition of staying in and making homemade Mac and cheese every year. It started our sophomore year of high school and still lives to this day. I usually chose something to bake with my husband as well for that night. I always think it will be fun to bake something with him, but it usually turns out to be me baking with him standing in the kitchen. Annyywaayyysss, the recipe for these almond butter cups are below! Please share a photo and tag me if you make them!
- 2 bars of 70% Theo dark chocolate (or your favorite chocolate)
- almond butter
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 TBSP water
- 1 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- For the raspberry chia seed jam: Combine the raspberries, water, and sugar in a small sauce pan and heat over medium heat. Once the water begins to bubble, add in the chia seeds and stir often. Once the raspberries have broken apart completely, about 5 minutes, remove from heat. Place the jam in a jar and refrigerate for about an hour so that the chia seeds can absorb the excess moisture.
- Once the jam is ready, melt one chocolate bar in the microwave. Start by heating it for 30 seconds and stirring, then for 15 second intervals, stirring each time in between until melted. Line a muffin tin with 6 cupcake liners. Pour enough chocolate to cover the bottom of each liner.
- Allow the chocolate to set.
- Once the chocolate is set, put a spoonful of almond butter in the center, being careful to not have the almond butter touch the outer edge of the chocolate. Next, add a spoonful of jam, again being careful to not touch the edge of the chocolate.
- Melt the next bar of chocolate and pour over the top, making sure to get the edges.
- Let set for about 20 minutes in the fridge. Enjoy!