Stir fry is the perfect meal for a weeknight- it comes together in a matter of minutes and has unlimited possibilities for what veggies you want to throw in. Since the cooking process happens so quickly, I recommend having all the veggies chopped and ready to go and the sauce made before you begin cooking. For my sweet potato noodles, I used the Kitchenaid spiralizer attachment but you can also buy pre-spiralized sweet potato noodles.
There are also two ways that you can cook your tofu. For the ease of this recipe, I cooked the tofu directly with the rest of the vegetables. That results in tofu that is very soft and not browned or crispy. If you are looking for browned, crispy tofu, I’d cook the tofu in an individual pan with a little bit of olive oil. I cook it on medium heat and flip the tofu as each side browns. It takes about 10-15 minutes to brown the tofu.
For the Sauce:
1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup sesame oil
1 TBSP cornstarch
For the stir fry:
1/3 cup water
3 cloves of garlic
1 inch of fresh ginger
2 large sweet potatoes
1 large head of broccoli
1 bell pepper
Two handfuls of sugar snap peas
7oz Extra Firm Tofu
1 cup shredded carrots
- Drain and press your tofu. I drain it on paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Preferably for an hour or two.
- Spiralize your sweet potatoes.
- Chop you broccoli and bell pepper and cut the ends off of your sugar snap peas. Chop or grate your ginger into very small pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and stir until the cornstarch is mixed in.
- In a large pot with a lid, heat 1/3 cup of water over high heat. Once it starts to simmer, add in the broccoli and sweet potato noodles and cover with the lid for 3 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, ginger, and the rest of the vegetables. Add in the tofu at this step if you are not cooking it separately. Stir and cover with the lid for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and continue cooking for about 5 minutes. If you prefer your vegetables to still have a crunch, then they will be done. If you prefer softer vegetables, continue to cook for a few more minutes.
- Stir in sriracha if you want and enjoy!