It’s officially blueberry season! Growing up, I lived about five minutes from an organic blueberry ranch that had a u-pick season every July. My best friend and I would always get there early in the morning and pick a bucket full of fresh blueberries- while eating a couple of handfuls along the way. Afterwards, we’d have a blueberry baking fest. Blueberry pancakes, cupcakes, muffins, pies, you name it, we made it. I stumbled upon a healthier blueberry muffin recipe once and my family instantly fell in love. We all make the muffins countless times during the summer because the entire batch is gobbled up within two days max. I decided to make my own recipe with a few healthy tweaks of my own. I use a whole can of coconut milk in this recipe to replace all butter and oil but don’t worry, you don’t taste the coconut at all. Even if you can’t go pick your own blueberries, the ones in the grocery store are as delicious as they are going to get right now. Pick some up and make this recipe! Share a picture on Instagram and tag me – Healthyashec – if you do!
1-13.5oz can of full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsps vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix the can of coconut milk until smooth.
3. Add the sugar, vanilla, and applesauce to the coconut milk and stir until smooth and fully combined.
4. Add in the flours, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until just combined.
5. Gently fold in the blueberries
6. Distribute evenly into a 12 count muffin tin.
7. Bake for 27 minutes (random, I know)